9.22.2005

RANT: One-minute thoughts on projects

  • How successful is enough?: A colleague of mine asked that question and I said "successful enough not to waste time" (on firefighting, endless relationship building, or simply standing still due to bad scheduling).
  • Hard times are sometimes the best times: I'd rather deliver projects with a big budget. But the truth is that a lot of times it forces you to focus when things are tighter. It forces you to eliminate things you probably shouldn't be doing. Some of my developers used to be so preoccupied with whether or not they could, now they stop to think if they should. I don't wish for these times, but it isn't all a bad experience.
  • Sometimes I think a failing project left us with more derelict minds than derelict applications.

Category: C++ Quant > Random Walk

No comments:

Post a Comment