2.08.2005

RANT: HR = Teamwork?

Is it just me, or does HR love to talk about teamwork, like my high school basketball coach? While I appreciate the work HR do to make the work environment more pleasant, I have a hard time saying the same for their corny interview questions.

One of my recent (worst?) HR interviews went like this:

  • Give me an example of a sacrifice you made for the greater good of the team.
  • How important is recognition to you? Felt like telling her "recognition is not everything, it's the only thing." but I managed to bite my tongue.
  • Then she asked, "what does the word teamwork mean to you?"

I told her, with a straigh face, "make sacrifice for the greater good of the team, and recognize that recognition is not everything."

BTW, I didn't get the job. Ohh, well...

Category: C++ Quant > Random Walk

No comments:

Post a Comment